Updated Aug 30th, 2018
Thank you for your interest in our website and our company. This website is operated by:
K2 Sports Europe GmbH
Seeshaupter Str. 62, 82377 Penzberg
Fax: +49 8856-901-101
For the use of the website, the delivery of goods or the provision of services, we collect various types of data, some
of which are provided by you as a user and some of which are necessary for the use of the website or arise from the use
of the website. Personal data are individual details about personal or professional circumstances of a specific or
identifiable natural person, such as your name, your address, your telephone number, your date of birth, your payment
data and your IP address. Your personal data will only be passed on or otherwise transferred to third parties if the
transfer is necessary for the purpose of contract processing (for example for payment processing or sending goods via
parcel service) or if you have given your express consent. The information is not used for any other purpose and no
automatic decision processing will take place.
If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offers via this website or would like to use
your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We also specify
the defined criteria for the storage period.
The following data protection principles apply to the use of our website and other services offered through it (e.g.
contact form, registration, shop):
- We protect your personal data by taking all reasonable and necessary technical and organizational possibilities
so that they are not accessible to unauthorized third parties. Our website and other services offered through it
therefore use appropriate encryption mechanisms for the provision of content and during the input and
transmission of data. When communicating by e-mail, we also recommend the use of encryption for confidential
- Person responsible in the meaning of. Art. 4 Para. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is K2 Sports
Europe GmbH, Seeshaupter Str. 62, 82377 Penzberg (see also via "Imprint" at our Website). You can contact the
person responsible for data protection at email@example.com or via our postal address with the addition "
Data Protection ".
- Your personal data will only be passed on to third parties,
- if you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 a) DSGOV;
- if the transfer is necessary for the fullfillment of contractual obligations pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1
sentence 1 b) DSGVO;
- if we are legally obliged to pass on the data within the meaning of Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 c) DSGVO;
- if the disclosure of the data is in the public interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 e) DSGVO or;
- if the disclosure of data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f) DSGVO is necessary to protect our
legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided that your interests in the
protection of your data do not prevail.
- If you send us e-mail messages or other messages, in particular comments, or enter them directly on the
Website, we will retain such messages in order to process the request, respond to questions and improve the
Website, products and services. We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer
necessary or limit the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
- If you provide feedback (for example on the Website), we may use and disclose this feedback for any purpose, as
long as we do not provide it with your personal data, i.e. anonymously or pseudonymously. The collection of data
contained in such feedback and the handling of all personal data contained therein is in accordance with the data
protection principles set out herein.
- You have the right to ask about your personal data free of charge at any time. Furthermore, you have the right
at any time to revoke your consent to the use of your personal data with effect for the future and to request
correction or deletion of the data stored by us.
In particular, you have the following rights towards us with regard to the personal data related to you:
You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your
personal data. You have the following individual rights:
- Right to access information,
- Right to correction or erasure,
- Right to limitation of processing,
- Right of withdrawal of the consent to processing,
- Right to data transferability.
- Right to information pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR on the processing of your personal data by us for processing
purposes, categories of processed data, recipients or categories of recipients, duration of storage or
criteria for determining the duration, right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection
to processing, right of appeal to the supervisory authority, information on the origin of the data where
applicable and the existence of automated decision-making and, where applicable, information on guarantees
pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR in the event of transfer to a third country or international organisations;
- Right to immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- Right to erasure of the personal data stored pursuant to Article 17 GDPR if the data are no longer
necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, if a consent granted has
been revoked and there is no other legal basis, if opposition to the processing has been lodged and the data
pursuant to Article 17 GDPR is no longer required. 21 para. 1 or 2 GDPR may no longer be processed if the
data were processed unlawfully, if deletion is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation or if the data were
collected in relation to information society services offered in accordance with Art. 8 para. 1 GDPR. This
does not apply if the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information,
to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- The right to restrict processing in accordance with Article 18 GDPR, if you dispute the accuracy of the
data (for the period necessary to verify their accuracy), if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to
delete the data and instead request the restriction of use, if we no longer need the data for the purposes of
processing but you need the data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you object to the
processing in accordance with Article 18 GDPR. 21 para. 1 GDPR, as long as it is not yet clear whether our
justified reasons outweigh your justified reasons;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 para. 2 GDPR (if the data are
processed for the purpose of direct marketing) or pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR (if the processing is
carried out pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 e) or f) GDPR, for reasons arising from your particular
situation, unless we have compelling grounds for processing that outweigh your interests or the processing
serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims).
- Right to data transferability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, i.e. to receive the personal data concerning
you that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to transfer it to
another person responsible;
- Right to revoke consent granted at any time in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. The consequence of the
revocation is that from the time of the revocation we may no longer carry out the data processing for the
- Right of appeal to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. The right of appeal is without
prejudice to other administrative or judicial remedies.
- The address of the supervisory authority responsible for us is:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (BayLDA)
Promenade 27, 91522 Ansbach
- Please contact the data protection officer via the contact data stated in Section 2 above to request
information and for withdrawal as well as for notification of a request for deletion; the data protection
officer will then provide the information immediately or confirm the execution of your request for deletion.
A deletion requested by you will then be carried out subject to statutory retention obligations. If a
deletion cannot take place completely due to legal storage obligations, we limit the processing of the data
concerned and inform you accordingly.
- If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please
contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at: https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
- Data that is provided actively by you as user of the website or services:
- As far as the website or an action via our website requires a registration, the basic data for the
registration, determined by the respective registration form are transmitted, processed and stored and only
collected, stored and used for the use of the website and its services. In the context of such registration
we are also entitled to inform you about changes, additions or new versions of the website, changes of our
terms and conditions as well as these privacy statement and additional information provided via the website
as well as e.g. about new products.
- If you register for the subscription of a newsletter, this registration can take place under indication of
the e-mail address without further data. Additional information will not be requested.
We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for sending the newsletter. As part of this process, we first
send the user an e-mail to the specified e-mail address. However, the user will not receive a newsletter by
e-mail until the user clicks on the link received in the e-mail and has expressly confirmed to us that we
should activate the newsletter service. After your confirmation we will save your e-mail address only for the
purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPDR
We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. For this
analysis, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which represent single-pixel
image files stored on our website. For evaluation purposes, we link the above data and web beacons to your
e-mail address and an individual ID. You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate
link provided in each e-mail or by informing us by another contact method. The information is stored for as
long as you have subscribed to the newsletter. After a cancellation we store the data purely statistically
If at any time you no longer wish to receive newsletters from us, you can object to the newsletter
subscription at any time without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic
rates. A message in text form to the contact data specified in the imprint is sufficient for this. Of course
you will also find a unsubscribe link in every newsletter.
- The data created by users within the scope of using the website via a login or a newsletter registration
are stored on servers operated in our name. However, the server operators are subject to the same data
protection standards as we are and are operated in the European Union and the US, while ensuring compliance
with the principles of the EU-US Privacy Shield for processing in the US.
- Contact forms
- On our website you have the option of sending us requests using "Contact" forms or other variations of
communication channels. Here you can ask questions about our company, our products or our services. In order
to enable you to make targeted contact with us, we have provided various ways of making contact.
- In order to be able to process your request, we ask you to provide personal data in our input mask. This
includes your name, e-mail address and other information such as the subject of your inquiry and your message
text. In addition to the mandatory fields, you can also enter additional information. Optionally, address
and/or telephone number can be specified.
This information enables us to respond comprehensively to your request. The communication of the data you
provide in this context is expressly on a voluntary basis.
- The personal data transmitted to us from your above-mentioned details as well as the time of contacting us
will only be used for the purpose for which you made them available to us when contacting us - in particular
the processing of your inquiry. The information you provide will only be used to process your request. The
data will not be used for other purposes or passed on to third parties without your express consent. Excluded
from this - insofar as it is necessary to fulfil your request - are partner companies. These could be, for
example: Our suppliers, payment and logistics partners and our trading partners. If there are no legal
storage obligations, your personal data will be deleted after the request has been processed.
- The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 f) DSGVO. Our legitimate interest is that we
need your data in order to process or respond to your communication.
- Data collected directly in the context of your use of the website:
- While a purely informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with
information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view
our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to
you and to guarantee its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address (stored shortened in accordance with data protection regulations)
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Browser name and version, language setting
- When you visit our website and when using the services offered via the website, the server sends one or
more cookies - small files containing a string of characters - to the user's computer or other data
including to store usage preferences and track user trends.
- The following cookies are used while on our site:
- Cookies can be set in one of the following types:
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular
the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser
can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to
our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the
cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by third parties and can be either transient or persistent
- You can set your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent. This opens up the possibility of either
accepting or rejecting a cookie. The information collected and analyzed is used to improve the services and
the website, to personalize the web experience, and to allow easy login to permanently set login cookies.
- We may use the services of third parties to evaluate the efficiency of the website and services and to
determine how visitors use the website and or the services and, where appropriate, to provide a personalized
user experience when evaluating cookies. The website may use web beacons (tracking pixels) and cookies
provided by third parties for this purpose. The information collected by the provider includes the pages
visited, navigation patterns and similar data. This data enables us to find out which product information is
most interesting for users and which offers users prefer to view. Furthermore, we do not exclude the
possibility that we transmit anonymous usage data for market research purposes. Although we may have
commissioned third parties to log the data originating from our website, we have control over how this data
may or may not be used. The cookie itself does not contain any personal data, but if you provide personal
data when visiting the website and do not delete the cookie from your browser after providing this data, the
provider collects the non-personal data stored in the cookie (such as the number of visits to the provider)
and stores and processes this anonymously.
- If we use Flash cookies, these are not collected by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use
HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your mobile device. These objects store the required data
independently of your browser and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish the Flash cookies
to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. "Better
Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the
use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly
delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
- Data collected in the context of the use of the website by analysis tools (WebAnalytics) or third party
services used by us with our website:
- We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our offer
and make it more interesting for you as a user. Google Analytics is a web analysis service of Google Inc.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google
server in the USA and stored there. However, by activating IP anonymisation by us on this website, Google
will previously reduce your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other states party to
the Agreement on the European Economic Area. For exceptional cases in which personal data may transferred to
the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy
Shield . The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the
website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the Internet use.
that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent
Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including
your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in
available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Third-party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4,
- We currently use the following links to social media providers: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest. We
only use links to the social media provider or the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you
visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the social media. You can
recognize the provider of the social media used by the logo shown and/or the additional text information. We
offer you the possibility to communicate directly with the provider of the social media via such a button.
But only if you click on the marked field and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider receives the
information that you have accessed the corresponding website. In the case of Facebook, the IP address is
anonymized immediately after collection, according to the respective provider in Germany. By activating the
plug-in, personal data is transferred from you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (for US
providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects data mainly via cookies, we recommend that you
delete all cookies before clicking on not yet activated button by using your browser's security settings.
We have no influence on the data collected and data processing processes, nor are we aware of the full extent
of data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information on the
deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses these for the purposes of
advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation takes place in
particular (also for not logged in users) for the representation of demand-fair advertisement and in order to
inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of objection
to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise
this right. Through the plug-ins we offer you the possibility to interact with social networks and other
users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for
the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
The data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in
there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected with us will be directly assigned
to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and, for example, link
the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares it publicly with
your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, especially before
activating the button, as this way you can avoid being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
- Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider
can be found in the data protection declarations of these providers notified below. They will also provide
you with further information about your rights in this regard and setting options to protect your privacy:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
; further information in regard to personal data processed and/or stored: https://www.facebook.com/help/2383181465353
33?helpref=related as well as https://www.facebook.com/help/111814505650678
. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
- Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA; https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388;
further information in regard to personal data processed and/or stored: https://help.instagram.com/1896641480634370?ref=ig
as well as https://www.facebook.com/help/111814505650678.
Instagram has submitted via Facebook to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- We have included YouTube videos in our online offer, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com
and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in the "extended data
protection mode", i.e. no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the
videos. Only when you play the videos will the above data be transmitted. We have no influence on this
By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding
subpage of our website. In addition, further data is transmitted. This is independent of whether YouTube
provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are
logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish
to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube
stores your data as user profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or
demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place in particular (even for unlogged-in
users) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your
activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you
must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube, please refer
to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your
personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, htt.ps://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
- On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the
website and enables you to conveniently use the map function.
By visiting the website und using Google Maps, Google receives the information that you have called up the
corresponding subpage of our website. This is regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you
are logged in with or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will
be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google,
you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for
purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes
place in particular (even for unlogged-in users) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other
users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the
creation of these user profiles, and you must contact Google to exercise this right.
For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in
your rights in this regard and setting options for the protection of your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy
. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.